Thursday, April 10, 2008

I feel like a runner!

I can't believe that I actually made 10 miles last week! (I think it was actually 9.6 miles, but I'm counting it as 10 because it had alot of hills.) If you had asked me if I could have ever run that far without stopping, I would have said no way. I even felt well enough to take a 6 mile bike ride with my daughter later that afternoon.

I ran this Wednesday and thought to myself -- 6 mile run.... piece of cake. I am really excited about the challenge of running 12 miles this Saturday. When I started on this training program, I really was just hoping to run/walk and finish the 1/2 marathon. Now I hope to be able to actually run the whole thing! I've even found a group of women that run in my neighborhood on Saturday mornings that I am going to join up with to keep running as part of my routine.

I still haven't experience the weight loss that I was hoping would occur with this training, but I have to say that I do feel better. Maybe if I keep plugging away, the weight will drop. It would be nice if I could get some thinner legs from all this running!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

You are my HERO!! That is just so awesome that you are on track to run the whole thing. I am jealous!! I am so not feeling like a runner right now. I seem to be going backwards.