Monday, March 24, 2008

First Time for Everything!

Well, this is my very first time to blog. I have been surprising myself lately with the amount of firsts that I've accomplished. At the ripe old age of 42 (am I really that old??) I can only assume that I am officially middle aged and never dreamed that I would be doing these things. I am very excited at the progress that I've made on training for this 1/2 marathon. The only downer is that I lost a diamond earring about 3 weeks ago on one of my runs and still haven't been able to find it. :(

I had never run a race before and at the end of January we ran in a 5K and I was pleased to run the entire way. This Saturday I ran 8 miles. The thought of it was overwhelming, but somehow I made it through without stopping....unless you count at mile 7-1/4 when I tripped and fell. I skinned both palms pretty good, but fortunately not my knees! It has been a long time since I've had a good old fashioned asphalt scrap and let me tell you they hurt!!

Unfortunately, my schedule hasn't meshed well with everyone elses to meet up for runs together so I've had to run most of this on my own. I am looking forward (did I really say that???) to running another 8 miles this weekend and continuing toward this 1/2 marathon in 5 weeks. I even bought brand new running shoes today. I even paid full retail price and I never buy anything unless it is on sale. Another first!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Susan, that is awesome that you ran all 8 miles! I just didn't have it this weekend. Sorry to hear you took a spill though!! What made you decide to buy new running shoes now?? Just curious! I hope we can all run together soon.

Jumpin' On My Last Nerve said...

Congrats Susan!!!!!

You are going to blow right past me at the 1/2 marathon.