Saturday, March 22, 2008

Only 5 weeks left!

I cannot believe that we only have 5 more weeks until this half marathon. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am getting stressed about it but also getting excited that it is almost over!! I don't think I have ever been this diligent about any other type of exercise. Not that I have been the greatest the past couple of weeks. I have only been running about twice a week which is probably why it isn't getting any easier. I have, however, been running outside instead of on my treadmill and boy does that make a difference. My neighborhood is really hilly, so I am trying to do shorter runs that include the hills to help build up my endurance.

Today we were supposed to do 8 miles. I went out to Crockett Park and mapped out a course that was 7.2 miles. It was very tough as a good portion of my course was hilly. I ran about 5 of those miles. I am trying to do the walk/run thing b/c I know I won't be able to run all 13 miles. I almost gave up, but I finished it and I am so proud of myself. Last week Shelley and I did 6 miles out on one of the greenways. While that was tough b/c it was hilly too, it made it a little easier knowing that Shelley was out there with me. I tend to do much better when I am running with our group.

I hope everyone has a great Easter!!

No comments: