Sunday, January 6, 2008

I can't believe I am going to run a half marathon

I had my twins almost 19 months ago to the day. They were born July 3rd of 2006. I gained a whopping 90+ lbs. and have been trying to whittle it down ever since. I've never actually successfully lost weight in my life until just recently. I started taking a Stroller Strides class and then decided to open my own franchise in my area. It has probably been the best "job" I've ever had and I've continued to steadily slim down.

I started talking about my whole "new fit attitude" with Shelly a few weeks ago at our local Chicfila. (Yes, I had just downed some of those tasty waffle fries and nuggets!) I had just heard about the http://seemommyrun.com website from some a Stroller Strides posts and Shelly started talking about it. It was one of those moments when two completely different worlds intersect and there had to be some sort of purpose behind it. I guess that's the story of how I got myself into this Half Marathon.

I teach an exercise class 3 times a week and you'd think I'd have a fitness advantage, but you are sadly mistaken. I really need to kick it into high gear and move from walking fast on the treadmill to actually jogging. I'll be sure to keep anyone out there that might be reading this posted on my progress.

No comments: