Saturday, January 5, 2008

Oh No! I'm already behind Robyn!

Okay, so it's January 5. I've started walking and running a little bit, but I'm certainly not running 2 or 3 miles a day like Robyn! Oh well. She's younger and more organized than I am!
I'll catch her before the Zoo run at the end of the month.

This is really something we've gotten ourselves into. I'm excited and scared all at the same time. I know I need to do this to get myself in shape and loose some weight, and I've got wonderful teammates! We'll do it together.

The amazing thing about Shelley, Susan and Robyn is that I've known them for at least 4 years and they're all terrific! Katie's terrific too, but her kids are younger, so I haven't known her as long. This is going to be tough, but we'll have fun doing it. This is one of those things you talk about doing, but never really do.

Actually, after the Music City Marathon last year, I realized how many people I knew that ran the half marathon. 3 of my best friends ran it in under 3 hours! I told my DH that one of my friends had challenged me to run with her this year, and he laughed at me. (Very supportive, isn't he?). So, while I'm doing this to get in shape, I'm also doing this to show him I can. . . yes, to prove him so, so wrong!!!

I'm new to blogging too, but I write like I talk (so I've been told). You can be the judge of that.

No comments: