Saturday, January 19, 2008

Mall Run

Shelley, Katie, and I got together this morning at Opry Mills mall to run at 8am indoors since it is freezing today outside. I thought it was great!! It is one mile to go all the way around, so it was easy to know how far we had gone. We all walked one mile together and then started running. We ended up doing 3 miles each, all at different paces. I have longer legs and run at a faster pace so I was out ahead. Once we had all finished, then we walked another mile around making it a 5 mile day. I felt great afterwards and really pumped when I got home. It makes it so much easier to run with other people!! And it was great to run on a different surface than a treadmill. I wasn't sure how I would do having to make myself run as opposed to the treadmill keeping my pace. Up next, the Zoo fun run!! I hope it isn't freezing next weekend :)

1 comment:

Jumpin' On My Last Nerve said...

Yoohoo! I was so excited about our run too. And I was so proud of all of us! We rock! That Zoo won't know what hit it!