Tuesday, January 29, 2008

This week's progress

So I just wanted to give a quick progress report for the week. I missed the Zoo run over the weekend because I had to do some work for my Stroller Strides business and work at the shoe store.

I just got off the treadmill and did 5 miles. I did it in about an hour and fifteen minutes. I ran the first part of it and then my shin started hurting. So I walked the last two miles. I feel pretty good about it and plan on continuing to increase my speed. I just hope that my legs can take it. I've never had shin splints, but I think that I am starting to understand what people who have had them are talking about. I'll have to remember to take some drugs before I start next time.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Great job Katie!! I think I need to start switching my training to something like run 3 miles, walk 1 mile, run 2-3 miles, etc so I can build up my endurance and make it to 13+ miles.