Thursday, January 3, 2008

New to Blogging and Running

So, I have never blogged before tonight. I must be one of the last people who have never blogged. I have also never text messaged someone, but that is a different story. So, here I am writing my first blog.

I am really excited about our running group, mostly because we are all moms of multiples. These women are some of my absolute best friends and I would not be where I am today without their friendship and support. I am a mother of 5 year old triplets who has decided to do something for myself. I have never been a runner, but thought that this would be a great way to get some exercise and some peace and quiet. Like most other moms out there, I find that I take care of everyone else around me before myself. Now that my kids are at an age where they can do most things for themselves it is time for me to do something for me. I am frightened out of my mind, but know with the support of my friends and family that I can do this.

I started my training on Dec 31st. I am starting slow because I know that I cannot run 3 miles yet. My first 2 days I ran 2 miles on a treadmill. I took Wed off and tonight I ran 2.5 miles which I was really proud of!! My biggest issue is getting out of bed in the morning, esp when it is cold outside. If I could find a way to just pop out of bed, this would be so much easier!! I am hoping to contribute to this blog on a regular basis as it really will help to hold me accountable to myself and my teammates. I can't wait to read everyone's posts!!

No comments: