Friday, January 25, 2008

Now I'm really behind!

This week has not been good. I've only worked out 3 times and the Zoo Run is tomorrow. One of the girls has a major case of pink eye and is on 2 kinds of antibiotic trying to keep it from getting worse. So I can't go to the Y and check her in, since she's still contagious. My husband has been out of town since Tuesday, which is very unusual. Actually, he's just been at the Hilton downtown, but he might as well be in CA! He hasn't been here! The worst thing is I'm planning this silly little 50's Sock Hop at my oldest daughter's elementary school (Feb 8). At the committee meeting on Tuesday, one other person showed up. I don't know anything about putting togehter a dance for 500-700 people by myself. Just a little stressed! Running has actually helped the stress level! Okay, enough complaining. I'll get out there tomorrow and be the only one in our group who can't run 3 miles in one strecth. Go ahead, great friends, laugh at me! I love you anyway!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! I have only run 3 times this week too. I need to run a little tonight or I might actually get sore tomorrow! I just hope it warms up. There is absolutely nothing wrong with walking and running the race tomorrow. I could be in the same boat since I haven't run outside yet.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa!

You aren't the only one that can't run 3 miles straight in our group. You'll be great tomorrow and I'll be thinking about you all! Good luck! Either way, you're awesome for getting out there and DOING it!

Jumpin' On My Last Nerve said...

This must just be a bad week for many of us. I've not been able to work out as much as usual either. I'm pretty sure I'll be walking part of today's run as well.

And don't be so hard on yourself. We are still ahead of the game (by at least one week) in our training going by Hal Higdon and even Fitness Magazine's training program, so we should be proud of ourselves for that.